Sunday, February 14, 2021

Pomp and Green Lock Horns about BITCOIN

Bitcoin has been in the news a lot recently.  I am learning about it like everyone else, so I enjoy a good debate as I want my pro-bitcoin views challenged. Anthony Pompliano and Mike Green debated BTC on RealVision.  This was my comment on the site, to which I subscribe:

Debate Review:

Mike Green's mask slipped a few times, particularly when Green mentioned that Pomp's politicians were 'against the Green New Deal' and "have a perfect score from the NRA". Not only was this not germane to the debate, it exposed Mr. Green's bias. This was only the beginning.

It must be nice to casually wave ride all the popular positions among that the Davos Elite espouse on Twitter. Those of us who are teachers, like me, have watched the Establishment types erode the US Dollar, witnessed the Establishment go into other countries and blow people up, install sanctions that harm children and the vulnerable, as well as create enemies through shibboleths like 'weapons of mass destruction'. All courtesy of the FED, jerking itself off by creating as many dollars as it needs. They also need the USD to pull all of these atrocities off. Mr. Green suggested that, because the ratio of dollars to the amount of Bad Behavior is an acceptable one, it is somehow different than our 'enemies' using bitcoin, therefore rendering it a bad thing. This was a bafflingly bad argument. Because a digital commodity like bitcoin is used for bad, the commodity itself is guilty? This is the argument used against gun manufacturers. I would ask him if he and his immense wealth (the defenders of the Green New Deal would call it obscene and try to take it from him), are protected by armed security. Hats off to him if the answer is no.

This is the 'system' that Mr. Green wants someone like me, a public school English Teacher in the African - American neighborhood, to remain loyal. It's difficult to put into words the disconnect he has to what regular people are going through. He mentions reform within the system. He talked about how ECB, FED, and Treasury secretaries might ban bitcoin. The same people who have destroyed the currency I'm forced to use. The same people who told all the small businesses they have to close, because people might get sick, while the large corporations can stay open.

During this time of heretofore unseen transfers of wealth upward, I suggest it would be helpful for Mr. Green to have walked with me through Target (the one on 225th and Broadway in the Bronx) where milk has gone up in price quite a bit in the last 18 months. In the smaller grocery stores the price is even higher, as they don't have Transnational - Corp. - Immune - to - CV19 status.

As I, and other like me, scurry to find an asset that holds value, Mr. Green suggests that I should remain loyal to politicians and bureaucrats who can print political money - but I can't. And I should avoid bitcoin, an asset where I can't print more - and neither can anyone else. All because the biggest and most oppressive entity in the history of the world doesn't want bad actors in Iran and China using it?

I've listened to many of Mr. Green's interviews on this channel, and I've learned a lot from him and enjoyed his keen analysis. He falls flat here.

-------------------------------

Unfortunately the debate is here, behind a subscription firewall. If it becomes public I will post it.


------------------------------------------------------
My Udemy classes are here - extremely low price and you have them forever.

I also sell custom made mugs like this one here on Amazon. I'll do personalized orders as well. They are all made in the United States - in Pennsylvania.

All of the mugs are here on Gearbubble. These are made in the USA, and if you don't want to contribute to Amazon's record profits during this time of CV19, the Gearbubble link is the one to use. Thank you!

No comments: