Friday, November 29, 2019

A Black Pill for Black Friday

I showed a short video called "The Madness of a Lost Society" to students in 2010.  It's one of those Black Friday specials showing herds of people maniacally going after $10 toasters and $49 microwave ovens.  My guilty pleasure is I love watching those videos.

Even more interesting to me and my students is analyzing not only why people act like crazed wildebeests on Black Friday, but how they can be trained to do so.  An interesting concept to think about is sales resistance.  It is difficult to sell stuff.  I struggle mightily to sell  exam services online.  Selling is hard.  People say 'no' in many different ways.  However, on Black Friday, there is no resistance.  It's as if someone has surgically come in and removed the Sales Resistance Gene from their brains.

Here is "The Madness of a Lost Society" part 3.  Apparently SGT Report made another version.  It's one of those short documentaries that makes you wonder how long the Fake America can last.  With a nation filled with people like this, what will happen when things go wrong?

Here is your Black Pill:


No comments: