Saturday, February 21, 2015

School failed me, and I failed the school. It bored me. – Einstein

School failed me, and I failed the school. It bored me. The teachers behaved like Feldwebel (sergeants). I wanted to learn what I wanted to know, but they wanted me to learn for the exam.” - – – – Einstein and the Poet (1983)
Einstein was not only not a fan of school, he was late to speak, and the authorities of the day were sure he was what today would be called “special ed.”
Everyone learns at his own pace.  People have individual interests. Being good or bad in school does not correlate directly with success – wealth or otherwise.

My message has always been this. You can do better at school and use it as a tool to advance, but it isn’t something that locks you in or determines your future.

Why do people say there is only one way?

Who are these people?


No comments: