These runs are what I feel are the best long term tenures on various books. They are by the creators / artists I feel created the best work and stayed on to come up with a timeless body of work that will be a standard bearer for future artists and writers. I limit the list to post 1980, simply because that is the era where I am an expert. I realize there are others that should be on the list, but I was a Marvel / DC person for most of those years, so something like Dave Sim's Cerebus is not on the list, as I read one issue of it as a young person and didn't like it too much. Maybe I missed out on something but I can't comment on it with any authority.
- John Byrne on Fantastic Four
- Frank Miller on Daredevil
- Alan Moore on Swamp Thing
- Marv Wolfman and George Perez on The New Teen Titans
- Walt Simonson on Thor
- Chris Claremont on The Uncanny X-Men
- Peter David on Peter Parker the Spectacular Spider Man